Friday, April 16, 2010

Trip to Mahua

The Kanadaru Catholic Community






























































I had the apportunity to join the Youth Catholic Community of Kanadaru to Mahua Waterfall in December 2008 by bus. It took about 1 ½ hours to reach Mahua Sub Center by bus. We had potluck lunch. Everyone had to bring some foods. Amongst the foods were: "Sambal ikan masin “Sambal ikan bilis ", "Sambal belacan” and etc. Oh...My! I could say it’s delicious.....everybody enjoyed the lunch.

After lunch, we were excited to go to the Mahua Waterfall. These was my first experienced. From Mahua Sub Center, the park entrance the trail begins and takes 15 minutes for an easy walked along the river Mahua. The beautiful Mahua Waterfall drop about 17 meters tall and has a pool depth of 1.3 meters. The water was a little yellowish because its has been raining since morning. The water was very cool and I don’t dare to go inside the water. I was busy capturing candid shots and I must say I enjoyed doing this and it made me smile and laugh when I had the candid shots on them.

When everybody was back from Mahua Waterfall, the team leader divided the youths into 3 groups. They had some games and later two groups were assigned to set up the tents and one group was asked to do the barbecue.

While the others prepared the dinner for that night. We took our dinner at 6.30pm and we really enjoyed the meal. Thanks to our Cooks.

9 tents were set up on the parking place. I slept in the tent with my daughter and nieces. It was cool at night. I had a nightmare that night....that they were small boys came to peep into our tent. I could not recognize any of them. Hmmm... Luckily I was able to wake up and nothing happened ...It was only a nightmare. I thought to myself...maybe those tiny boys was just curious...... :)

The next day, we went to Mahua Waterfall again. Now I went into the water because I don’t want to miss the beautiful waterfall. Oh...my!! The water was really cool. That made me shivered. I saw my cousin was shivering too and that make us laugh at him because we could see his jaw was shivering and could see his veins.... Whew!

We left Mahua Sub Center about 11.30 am. If I ever had the chance to come back here I will bring along my family. I definitely sure, they would like it.

1 comment:

  1. coool... cuz i've been here for about... 24 hours ago? lol

    ReplyDelete